Our teams in the daycare centres are always on the lookout for motivated and talented new employees – who will act and think in kihz’s interest and play a role in shaping its future.
Empathy, perseverance, solution-orientation and a willingness to learn: these are the qualities that we expect from our professional caregivers and trainees.
And these are some of the benefits we offer:
- A 42-hour week for a full-time position. However, many of our staff prefer a part time position, which does not present a problem to us.
- We pay 60% of the pension fund premiums and the whole premium for daily sickness benefits insurance.
- In the event of sickness or accident, we pay (after completion of the trial period) 100% of the employee’s salary for maximum 730 days.
- 5 weeks’ holiday for everyone up to and including the age of 49; after that 6 weeks
Twice a year we close the daycare centres for approximately one week. This takes place in the last week of July and the week between Christmas and New Year. These free days are deducted from the holiday allowance.
- The chance to take unpaid leave.
- 16 weeks’ maternity leave with a full salary (for staff who have been employed for at least a year), if the mother has been able to work up until the birth, otherwise 14 weeks at least
- Even though working in a daycare centre keeps staff on their feet, we also, if requested, help fund other sports activities with a contribution of CHF 180 towards the university ASVZ subscription (total price CHF 210.) This means that for CHF 30 a year, you can enjoy an extremely wide range of sporting activities.
- We have never learned all there is to learn! For this reason, we are very happy to help our staff advance their career with further professional training.
- We are always pleased when a member of staff celebrates a work anniversary and honour 5 years of service with an extra week’s holiday or corresponding salary. In the case of 10 and 15 years, we offer two extra weeks and from 20 years four extra weeks or an additional month’s salary.
- A healthy diet is as important to us for our staff as for the children in our care. In order to act as role models, our staff eat together with the children. These meals are free for staff. Only the social security deductions are calculated on this basis.