Holiday provision is subsidized by the ETHZ and UZH colleges.
Parents contribute to the costs based on their financial ability, as long as they are members of the UZH and ETH Zurich (student, staff, professor, Lehrbeauftragte). In the case of several children in the same week, the parental contribution reduces too.
We have to charge the full costs to non-affiliates of UZH or ETH Zurich.
WSL, EMPA / EAWAG, PSI -employees and ETH Board members are not considered as members of UZH or ETH Zurich.
- Parents themselves state their taxable joint income on the application (self-declaration). The kihz Foundation reserves the right to submit the data provided to the respective personnel and wages departments for checking.
- Parents without a tax statement will submit a summary of their current income to the kihz Foundation. The kihz Foundation will work out the taxable income based on this. We guarantee the absolute confidentiality of this data and will return it to you.
- Parents who do not want to make any statement regarding their income will pay the full amount minus CHF 50.
- Sibling discounts are awarded when the registration is made at the same time (on the same day) for the same week (even if the age groups differ).
- The parents’ fee must be paid by 1 month before the holiday week. If the invoice was sent later, it should be paid within 10 days, in any case before the holiday week.
- University-associated parents who are experiencing financial difficulties and are dependent on holiday childcare can submit a hardship application to kihz in which they set out their financial situation.
- Cancellation fees: see below
Parental contribution per child for one week (5 days)
|Taxable joint income||Parental contribution
|From 2nd child
|From 3rd child
|CHF 0 - 40'000||CHF 110||CHF 94||CHF 77|
|CHF 40'001 - 60'000||CHF 220||CHF 187||CHF 154|
|CHF 60'001 - 90'000||CHF 330||CHF 281||CHF 231|
|CHF 90'001 - 110'000||CHF 440||CHF 374||CHF 308|
|CHF 110'001 - 130'000||CHF 500||CHF 425||CHF 350|
|CHF > 130'000 / no income statement||CHF 550||CHF 468||CHF 385|
|Not ETHZ nor UZH members||CHF 600||CHF 600||CHF 600|
|WSL (see box at the top right)||CHF 600||CHF 600||CHF 600|
4 day-weeks (spring 1 and summer 3) parental contribution per child
|Taxable joint income||Parental contribution||From 2nd child
|From 3rd child
|CHF 0 - 40'000||CHF 88||CHF 75||CHF 62|
|CHF 40'001 - 60'000||CHF 176||CHF 150||CHF 124|
|CHF 60'001 - 90'000||CHF 264||CHF 225||CHF 186|
|CHF 90'001 - 110'000||CHF 352||CHF 300||CHF 248|
|CHF 110'001 - 130'000||CHF 400||CHF 340||CHF 280|
|CHF > 130'000 / no income statement||CHF 440||CHF 374||CHF 308|
|Not ETHZ nor UZH members||CHF 480||CHF 480||CHF480|
|WSL (see box at the top right)||CHF 480||CHF 480||CHF 480|
Costs if you cancel
Your registration is binding. We do not accept reservations.
In this way, we have a stronger basis on which to make our plans, allowing us enough time to hire any additional carers required, find suitable rooms and give a fixed guarantee to parents that childcare is available for their child.
If we were to accept non-binding reservations, we would possibly have to disappoint parents two weeks before the start of the holiday, since we don’t know if enough places will be free, if enough carers are available or if the minimum number of applications will be reached.
If you cancel, the kihz foundation will charge an administration fee for each week and each child: up to 30 days before holiday childcare begins, this amounts to CHF 60, afterwards CHF 100. This fee is due regardless of any reasons.
Any payments already made by parents will be refunded after deduction of the administration fee. Along with your written cancellation, please enclose a bank payment slip (Einzahlungsschein) or provide us with your IBAN or Post account number.
In the event of a cancellation from Friday before the booked week of childcare, or a no-show, no refund will be awarded, i.e. the full fee will be charged. This also applies in the case of sickness.
Please ask for help if the above rules are not clear to you.