The registration is possible in January 2023.
The dates of the vacation weeks are already fixed, but the care teams and the topics are not yet chosen.
Please note your registration is definite! In case of cancellation we have to charge a handling fee per child and week. See costs
To register, please use the online form. First please read following informations:
- After we have received your registration, we will send you a confirmation of registration by email. Without further notice, the registration confirmation is valid.
- We will send you the invoice about 30 days before the school vacations.
- Admission is in the order of registrations. The deadline for registration is 30 days before the school vacations. Registrations for last-minute free places can be made by phone.
- Fully booked weeks do not apear in the registration form any more. If you like to be placed on the waiting list, please send us an email (see box Email requests).
- With the form you can register several children for several weeks. You will receive a sibling discount only, if you register your children for the same holiday week in the same form (regardless of age group).
- Your registration is binding (even the program, the team and the location my have changed). For your cancellation (per child and week) an administration fee will be charged. This fee is due regardless of any reasons. (We do not accept reservations). See box Email requests.
- Two weeks before the school vacations, you will receive a parents’ letter with detailed information on the course and location.
- Please read the operational guidelines below.
Sending the registration form commits you to a binding agreement.
The kihz Foundation reserves the right to make changes to the services / programme. Any such changes will be communicated as quickly as possible on www.kihz.ch.
The kihz Foundation is not obliged to accept every child.
The care is not guaranteed outside of the specified care hours.
Parents are responsible for ensuring that their children have accident and liability insurance.
- Media permission
The permission to publish pictures enables us to give you (the parents and the children) an authentic insight into the kihz Ferienbetreuung prior to registration.
If, on the registration form, kihz was forbidden to publish pictures, our carers will be instructed not to take photographs of your child during the week. Therefore, you do not need a link to download the souvenir photos published on the polybox.
If your child has opted for the ban, it will stay out of the focus of the cameras for group shots and will not want to pose for portrait shots, and it knows that it is not the carers who want to exclude it from joint activities, but that this is the result of its decision, which we are happy to respect.
If your child is not aware of the ban, you have to inform it before the holiday week!
A given photo ban can only be lifted in writing, the expression of will of the child on site is not sufficient.(See box Email requests.)
We will send you the invoice by email 30 days prior to the school vacations.
Parents' fees are to be paid before the vacations.
The kihz Foundation reserves the right to ask for the actual tax declaration (family income).
University-associated parents who are facing financial difficulties and depend on holiday childcare can submit a “hardship case” application to the kihz Foundation in which they set out their financial situation.
- Travel costs to the places are not included.
If you wish to make a cancellation, the kihz Foundation will charge a fee (per child and week). This fee is due regardless of any reasons or any waiting list. Up to 30 days before course begins, this amounts to CHF 60. Up to Thursday before course begins: CHF 100.--, following this no refund will be made, i.e. the full fee must be paid.
Any fees already paid will be refunded after deduction of the administration fee. Please supply your IBAN number with your written cancellation.
- If kihz has to cancel before the week starts, kihz will not charge anything. Any fees already paid will be refunded.
- Repay subsidies
The Universities are paying subsidies for your place. You have to repay these subsidies for each day your child has not attended. In cases of no-show the full amount is to pay.
- Minimum number of children registered
We need at least 12 registrations to run a course. We can only say if a course will be held after expiry of the deadline, i.e. 30 days before the school vacations. Should a course not be held, we will refund the course fee in full.
Children who do not wish to participate or disrupt group activities cannot be cared for individually and must be collected immediately by their parents. We do not tollerate physical or verbal violence from carers, children nor parents.
- Data protection
All transmitted data will only be used internally for the purpose of administration.
- Enclosed with the parents’ letter is a list of participants in order that parents can assist each other in bringing and collecting their children. The staff teams use this list to contact parents in the event of a no-show or emergency and to be able to celebrate a child’s birthday.