To register, please use the online form, it will be online here January 10 2019.
- You are required to fill out a registration form for each child.
- You can register a child for several weeks with the same form.
- After we have received your registration, we will send you a confirmation of registration and a bill by email or post.
- Your registration is binding (even in the programme is still under preparation and the location not yet defined). For any cancellation (per child and week) an administration fee will be charged. This fee is due regardless of any reasons. (We do not accept reservations).
- Two weeks before the course begins, you will receive a parents’ letter with detailed information on the course and location.
- Please read the terms and conditions below.
Terms and conditions
Sending the registration form commits you to a binding agreement.
The deadline for registration is 30 days before the course begins. Registrations for last-minute free places can be made by phone.
- Priority is given to children of students or staff of the two universities (UZH and ETHZ) then to the related organisations (WSL, EMPA/EAWAG, PSI).
Two weeks before the course begins, you will receive a parents’ letter with detailed information on the course and location.
The kihz Foundation reserves the right to make changes to the services / programme. Any such changes will be communicated as quickly as possible on www.kihz.ch.
The kihz Foundation is not obliged to accept every child.
Parents are responsible for ensuring that their children have accident and liability insurance.
- Media permission
In the event that you forbid the kihz Foundation from publishing pictures of your child, our staff will be instructed to not include your child - as far as possible - when recording the week’s activities. In this case, your child will not be portrayed and you will not receive access to download the souvenir photos. The child is to be informed by the parents that it is you, the parents, and not the carers who are excluding her from the group activities. The parents are to inform the child to stay away from the focus of the camera.
- Course fees
After receiving your registration, we will send you a bill with a payment slip by post.
The deadline for the fees to be paid is 30 days before the course begins.
The kihz Foundation reserves the right to ask for the actual tax declaration (family income).
University-associated parents who are facing financial difficulties and depend on holiday childcare can submit a “hardship case” application to the kihz Foundation in which they set out their financial situation.
If you wish to make a cancellation, the kihz Foundation will charge a fee (per child and week). This fee is due regardless of any reasons or any waiting list. Up to 30 days before course begins, this amounts to CHF 60. Up to Thursday before course begins: CHF 100.-- Following this and in cases of no-show, no refund will be made, i.e. the full fee must be paid.
Any fees already paid will be refunded after deduction of the administration fee. Please supply your IBAN number with your written cancellation.
- Repay subsidies
The Universities are paying subsidies for your place. You have to repay these subsidies for each day your child has not attended.
- Minimum number of children registered
We need at least 12 registrations to run a course. We can only say if a course will be held after expiry of the deadline, i.e. 30 days before the course begins. Should a course not be held, we will refund the course fee in full.
Children who do not wish to participate or disrupt group activities cannot be cared for individually and must be collected immediately by their parents. We do not tollerate physical or verbal violence from carers, children nor parents.
- Data protection
Any data entered here will not be sold to third parties. Enclosed with the parents’ letter is a list of participants in order that parents can assist each other in bringing and collecting their children. The staff teams use this list to contact parents in the event of a no-show or emergency and to be able to celebrate a child’s birthday.